Friday, December 14, 2007

I hope to always tell the truth-no matter how much it hurts...

In my job as well as my life, I am forced by both ethics & decency to tell the truth. You may be hoping against hope that our doing CPR and giving drugs to your loved one will do the trick and return them to the land of the living. It doesn't always work that way. There are many problems that cannot be fixed at all- even if it were to occur in a hospital with doctors standing right there. If possible, I try to prepare the family for that outcome. I wouldn't want it any other way myself. To my way of thinking, it is the Respect that all people are entitled to.

Which brings me to my next point. Would you tell someone the Hard truth if you had to? Even if Everyone else thought ill of you for it? It's not easy to be the bad guy. Many folks I know will dance around the question or change the subject; or even tell someone what they (think) they want to hear. I keep thinking of the lyric:"you've got to be Cruel to be Kind, in the right measure" I Never want to be Cruel-only Honest.

No comments: