Sunday, November 11, 2007

"It's not what you're called, It's what you answer to."

Sorry about not posting, it has been approx. 9 days since I came home at the end of an 8 hour day & was awake and able to fire up the computer. 9 consecutive 16 hour days with one 17 hour day (daylight savings) The first 2 (as always) are the hardest,re-setting the internal clock to fall asleep during the day and have enough energy at night. No exercise, other than what I get @ work (and no motivation either)

Work-a-holic, Work-centric, idiocy, whatever you call it, I'm so there! The lure of massive overtime money in time for the holidays is seductive. The chance to put away well over a weeks' leave time is appealing. The only thing I;m missing out on is... well, the rest of my life! My apartment is a disaster area, (Wash & Fold- has saved my life) family, friends not seen, just the chance to kick back and relax; all sublimated for the desire to earn. I know I'm Tired when the only thing I want to do when I get home is sleep.

I know that compared to many, I'm quite Lucky. I've got a job with the ability to earn a lot of OT and I want to be both aware & grateful that things are going well but I also want to be Honest with myself and You, my dear readers, so I also admit that this is NO way to live! All the Money in the World won't make up for not living my life as I see fit! Perhaps we all have to make these decisions at one time or another. I look forward to several days off to re-charge my batteries, to look at some of what you folks have been putting out there and Maybe having an Original Thought or two. I'll save the funny stuff for later.

1 comment:

AccidentallyIsolde said...

Hey...thank you for commenting...it kinda put a fire under my ass to start blogging again. It really helps me to write about it, makes me a little less psychotic.

Have a wonderful day, and be safe out there!

-AI