Thursday, April 01, 2010

Wyld Abandon!

The following is a comment I made on my Twitter Buddy Kris' site: Not a Girl not yet a Wino (See sidebar for the link) about the First Day of Spring (today) Tell me what you think.

1.yknot
Posted 04.01.10 | Permalink
Spring! Yay! Watched out my back yard to where the neighbor’s 11 year old daughter had the time of her life swinging on the rope swing, yelling and laughing her head off! I wanted her to Own that moment; as we all do of Innocent Happiness & Wyld Abondon!

I should have done the Responsible thing, played the nasty old “Get off my Lawn, Kid!” but my heart isn’t in it at all. Youth is a precious time for each of us, all too short & many times frittered away & wasted.

I hope she keeps this Day Close, remembers how she felt, the Joy of being ALIVE!

Meanwhile, I sort through stuff I’m either Giving Away or going to list on EBay, taking another Tylonol for my Right knee, which, after a lifetime of lifting and carrying people is Stiff & Sore and Remembering a Day a lot like this when I was her age; with both Fondness & Sadness, ’cause Life is like That too.

No comments: